Advertising, Media & Entertainment
Employment, Labor Relations & Immigration
Intellectual Property, Franchising & Distribution
Investments, Mergers & Acquisitions
Mining & Natural Resources
We represent some of the world’s biggest natural resource companies, junior companies, financial institutions and other participants in the natural resource sector.
Our firm provides comprehensive legal services to companies that explore, mine, process and sell all types of metals and minerals. The depth of our business and corporate finance experience ensures we are able to effectively respond to needs of our mining clients. We provide advice on all aspects of mining projects, including project structuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate financing and project financing, project acquisitions, due diligence review, and permitting. We assist clients in drafting and negotiation of mineral production sharing agreements and financial or technical services agreements, as well as joint venture, supply agreements, royalty, and similar agreements. We also represent clients in a broad range of administrative and judicial proceedings.
Our firm offers a full range of legal services for clients in the oil and gas industry. We advise clients on petroleum service contracts with the Philippine Government, farm-in and farm-out agreements, operating contracts and similar arrangements.
Our lawyers have been in the forefront of natural resource law practice in the Philippines. We prepared the first financial and technical services agreement entered into a mining company with the Philippine Government, and have represented a consortium of international banks in the first project financing of a mine in the Philippines. Our firm played a significant role in the reversal by the Philippine Supreme Court of its earlier decision to declare unconstitutional certain provisions of the Philippine Mining Act in early 2005.
Contact Department:• Special Projects
• Contact Info
• Mining Law: New Fiscal Regime for the Mining Industry
• Philippine Supreme Court, En Banc, Denies Petition for Writ of Kalikasan and Environmental Protection Order Against Mining Company
• 9 SyCipLaw Lawyers Recognized in ABLJ List of Top 100 Lawyers in the Philippines
• SyCipLaw is Top Tier Firm in IFLR1000 2018 Rankings
• Client Bulletin: Philippine Court of Appeals Denies Issuance of Environmental Protection Order Against Mining Company
• BBA Geothermal Transparency Guide
• SyCipLaw is an Asialaw Profiles 2017 Outstanding Firm
• SyCipLaw recognized in 2016 ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL – In-House Community Firm of the Year
• Announcement of New SyCipLaw Partners