Advertising, Media & Entertainment
Employment, Labor Relations & Immigration
Intellectual Property, Franchising & Distribution
Investments, Mergers & Acquisitions
Sustainability and ESG Practice
SyCiplaw’s sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) practice is rooted in the firm’s commitment to create a positive difference to its clients, the community and the country. Because of its vast experience in practically every aspect of corporate and commercial law, the firm is well-placed to respond to, and assist clients on, various trends in legal practice emerging from ESG and sustainability concerns worldwide.
The firm’s experience in the power sector includes development, financing, construction, acquisition and sale of various types of renewable energy projects, from solar to wind, hydro and geothermal. Its involvement in sustainable finance includes work in both debt capital markets (i.e., issuances of green and social bonds) and financing for sustainable development-related projects such as microfinance, agriculture and clean water. Its M&A practice includes advising impact investors on various aspects of investing in the Philippines. The firm has advised on the tax implications of carbon trading and the taxation of non-profits.
The firm contributes regularly to studies and publications on the environment, human rights and access issues. It has acted either as counsel or corporate secretary to social enterprises or non-profit organizations engaged in health care, affordable housing, environmental protection, among others.
The firm is constantly exposed to sustainable development-related concerns through its pro bono project undertaken through past and present partnerships with TrustLaw (the pro bono arm of the Thomson Reuters Foundation), the Innovation for Social Impact Partnership and Justice Without Borders.
Internally, SyCipLaw promotes ESG through responsible business practices, as demonstrated by the following, among others:
- Vision and mission statements that emphasize stakeholder governance;
- Sustainability policy and guidelines; and
- Learning sessions on ESG and sustainability.
Contact Department:• Employment and Immigration
• Contact Info
• 2019 Chambers Asia-Pacific Rankings: SyCipLaw is Band 1 Firm
• Philippine Chapter of Getting the Deal Through: Labour & Employment 2018
• Highlights: ELA Asia Pacific Client Conference
• World Bank Group’s Women, Business and the Law 2018 Report
• ELA & SyCipLaw Contribution to Trinity Domus Funds in Dominica
• Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 ranks SyCipLaw as Band 1 Firm
• Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 ranks SyCipLaw as Top Tier Firm
• SyCipLaw is listed in the Asialaw Profiles 2018
• SyCipLaw and CDC EAD conduct seminar for Clark Freeport Zone foreign employers and local employees
• SyCipLaw and SBWDFI hold successful Kapihan on Labor and Immigration Law