SyCipLaw's Employment & Immigration Update (Volume XVIII, Issue 1)
January 12, 2023
SyCipLaw's Employment & Immigration Update (Volume XVIII, Issue 1) features the latest issuances from the Department of Labor & Employment (DOLE), summaries of Supreme Court decisions, and labor and immigration updates.
With workers returning to work on-site, the Department of Labor and Employment ("DOLE") issued Labor Advisory No. 1, series of 2022, or the Isolation and Quarantine Leaves of Employees in the Private Sector, to guide employers.
DOLE SUSPENDS LABOR INSPECTIONS
Labor inspections is one of the ways the Department of Labor and Employment ("DOLE") implements its visitorial and enforcement powers under the Labor Code, to secure a higher level of compliance with labor laws and standards, and to ensure continuity and sustainability of compliance at workplaces.
NLRC LIFTS INTERIM PROCEDURAL AMENDMENTS AND ADOPTS HYBRID MODE
On the heels of the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Labor Relations Commission ("NLRC") issued NLRC En Banc Resolution No. 03-20, series of 2020, or the Interim Amendments to the 2011 NLRC Rules of Procedure ("Interim Amendments").
- What's new, Department of Migrant Workers?
- DOLE Issues Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations of The Telecommuting Act
- Guidelines in the Accreditation of Agents and Appointment of Employers' Authorized Representatives for filing of Alien Employment Permit Applications and Related Documents
- Private Sector Employees - No Longer Waterproof?
- Employers to Shoulder the Cost of COVID-19 Prevention and Control Measures, Including RT-PCR Testing for Newly-Hired Jobseekers
- Mandatory Benefits for Health Workers During Public Health Emergencies Passed into Law
- A Cautionary Tale on Probationary Employment
- Is failure to disclose a previous employment a just cause for the termination of an employment?
- In order to be compensable, is it necessary to establish a direct causal relation between the sickness and the employee's working conditions?
- COVID-19 Testing Requirement for Employees
- Project Employment Arrangements in the Philippines
- Labor Advisory on the Period for Payment and/or Release of Final Pay and Issuance of Certificate of Employment
- Labor Advisory on the Issuance of Certification Required from Non-Philippine Nationals Intending to Engage in Business in the Philippines
- Labor Advisory on Working Conditions of Delivery Riders in Food Delivery and Courier Activities
Subscribe to our Mailing List
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to SyCipLaw RSS