Tax Updates August 2022 (SyCipLaw Tax Issues and Practical Solutions (T.I.P.S) Vol. 19)
September 2, 2022
SyCipLaw's Tax Department has prepared Tax Issues and Practical Solutions (T.I.P.S.) for August.
The SyCipLaw T.I.P.S. for August covers the following tax issues:
1. Can a corporation which availed itself of the tax amnesty under Republic Act No. 9480 be held liable for deficiency withholding taxes?
2. May a company treasurer be held criminally liable for the corporation's failure to withhold taxes?
3. Is a court order allowing the production and inspection of documents considered a separate tax audit if a Letter of Authority has been previously issued against the taxpayer for the same taxable period?
4. Can a local taxing authority require the production and inspection of documents of a taxpayer's nationwide sales and receipts, as well as its sales and receipts in other localities?
5. Is an audit investigation conducted pursuant to a Mission Order, but without a Letter of Authority, valid?
6. Can the reversal of a Bureau of Internal Revenue ruling be given retroactive application if the same would be prejudicial to the taxpayer?
7. If a taxpayer believes that an action taken by one or both contracting states to a Double Taxation Agreement (DTA) will subject him to double taxation or taxation in contravention of the DTA, can he avail himself of the Mutual Agreement Procedure provided in the DTA?
8. Can the Bureau of Internal Revenue share taxpayer-specific rulings with other jurisdictions?
9. Are there guidelines and procedures on the manner and payment of penalties for violations by Registered Business Enterprises in the Information Technology-Business Process Management sector of the Work-From-Home requirements?
Subscribe to our Mailing List
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to SyCipLaw RSS