SyCipLaw’s Tax Department has prepared Tax Issues and Practical Solutions (T.I.P.S.) for October.
November 2, 2021
The SyCipLaw T.I.P.S. for October covers the following tax issues:
- If a taxpayer believes that a national internal revenue tax assessment issued against it is based on an unconstitutional law, may the taxpayer question the assessment by filing a petition for declaratory relief with prayer for injunction before the Regional Trial Court?
- Is a new or amended Letter of Authority (LOA) required when the revenue officer/s named in the original LOA were re-assigned and substituted?
- Are all tax refunds to be construed strictly against the claimant-taxpayer?
- What are the requirements for refund of excess and unutilized creditable withholding taxes?
- Are all transactions intended to combat COVID-19 value-added tax (VAT)-exempt?
- Can the BIR waive penalties, interest, and/or surcharges on delayed payment of tax due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Are non-stock non-profit organizations automatically exempted from income taxation?
- May diplomatic personnel claim exemption from VAT on their local purchases of goods and services?
Subscribe to our Mailing List
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to SyCipLaw RSS