Camille Angela M. Espeleta-Castillo
Camille Angela M. Espeleta-Castillo is a Senior Associate of SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. She is a member of the firm’s Special Projects, Banking, Finance and Securities, and Taxation groups. She is also a Certified Public Accountant.
Her practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, debt and capital markets, public private partnerships, infrastructure, financial technology, and energy and power.
Ms. Espeleta-Castillo regularly renders advice to clients from various regulated industries, particularly on tax matters, regulatory compliance, and corporate structuring.
Ms. Espeleta-Castillo has extensive experience in high-value cross-border acquisitions and divestments, in addition to having participated in several high-value public-private partnership projects with national agencies and a number of private infrastructure and development projects.
Her notable projects include:
- Alipay’s acquisition of 45% interest in Mynt, a leading payments, remittance and online lending services provider in the Philippines, and the Philippine Competition Commission’s review of the transaction. Mynt is a joint venture between Alipay, Globe Telecom and Ayala Corporation. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as local counsel to Alipay.
- Grab’s acquisition of Uber’s Southeast Asian business, Grab’s subsequent expansion of its portfolio in the Philippines, and Philippine Competition Commission’s motu proprio review of the transaction. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as local counsel to Grab.
- Edotco’s joint venture with ISOC, a key player in the Philippines’ emerging common tower industry. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as counsel to Edotco.
- Konoike Transport Co. Ltd.’s acquisition of 20% interest in Macroasia Airport Services Corporation, a leading aviation support service provider in the Philippines. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as local counsel to Konoike Transport Co. Ltd.
- International Finance Corporation’s issuance of first peso-denominated Green Bonds. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as counsel for the underwriters, Standard Chartered Bank and BPI Capital Corporation.
- PhP2.225 billion loan to finance the construction and development of a 100 MWac solar power plant in Concepcion, Tarlac, Philippines. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as counsel for the lender.
- Bidding for 600 MW Masinloc Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plant located in Zambales, Philippines. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as counsel for one of the bidders.
- Conduct of competitive selection process in the procurement of power supply by a major power distribution company. Ms. Espeleta-Castillo acted as counsel for the power distribution company.
Admission to the Bar
Ateneo Law School (J.D., Second Honors, Silver Award for Academic Excellence , Class Salutatorian)
De La Salle University-Manila (B.S. in Accountancy, Honorable Mention)
Co-author, The Lending and Secured Finance
Review 6th Edition, published by The Law Reviews