Anne Katherine P. Navarrete
Anne Katherine P. Navarrete is a senior associate of SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. She is a member of its Banking, Finance & Securities, Special Projects, and Corporate Services practice groups.
Ms. Navarrete has extensive experience in rendering regulatory and transactional advice in connection with, as well as in the documentation of, deals involving commercial lending.
Ms. Navarrete has also participated in various capacities in mergers and acquisitions and was part of due diligence teams in transactions involving the acquisition of interests in various industries, including health and fitness, hotel and casinos, telecommunications, transportation, aviation, oil and gas, cement, energy and power, mining, logistics, remittance, gaming, and financial technology.
She also handles general corporate services and presently acts as an Assistant Corporate Secretary for several corporations.
Her significant projects include:
- US$689 million syndicated loan to finance Clark Global City Corporation’s acquisition of shares in Global Gateway Development Holdings Limited and the development of Clark Global City
- PhP40 billion syndicated loan to finance the development of Solaire Vertis North
- PhP22.8 billion loan to finance the acquisition of 41.37 million new common shares of Metro Pacific Hospital Holdings Inc.
- PhP21.3 billion syndicated loan to refinance the short-term loans used to fund the design, construction and operations of the 2 x 150MW coal-fired power plant of San Miguel Consolidated Power Corporation in Malita, Davao Occidental
- PhP20 billion loan to partially finance the engineering, design, procurement and construction of the Wawa Water Project.
- Alipay Singapore Holding Pte.’s acquisition of 45% interest in a wholly owned subsidiary of Globe Telecom, Inc.
- Sumitomo’s acquisition of 34.9% direct interest in Metro Pacific Light Rail Corporation, or 55% indirect interest in Light Rail Manila Corporation
- ANA Holdings, Inc.’s acquisition of 9.5% interest in PAL Holdings, Inc.
Admission to the Bar
Ateneo de Manila School of Law ( J.D, Second Honors; Dean’s Bronze Medal for Thesis)
Ateneo de Manila University (B.S. Management Engineering)
“Unsolicited Notoriety: Establishing a Framework in the Application of the Public Figure Doctrine to Private Individuals Whose Lives Intersect with Public Interest,” Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 62 (November 2017)