Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
Carlos Roberto Z. Lopez
Carlos Roberto Z. Lopez specializes in dispute resolution and commercial arbitration. His areas of practice include litigation (civil, criminal and administrative), intra-corporate disputes, international commercial arbitration, patent infringement, estate proceedings, local taxation, mining, and general corporation law.
Mr. Lopez is experienced in trials and appeals, hearings and pleading before the Philippine Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Office of the Ombudsman, Sandiganbayan (Graft Court), central and local boards of assessment appeals, National Labor Relations Commission, various trial courts, and prosecutor's offices. He has counseled and appeared in connection with various investigations conducted by the Philippine Senate and House of Representatives. He recently argued in the Supreme Court defending the constitutionality of the Philippine Mining Act on behalf of a mining company operating under the first Financial and Technical Assistance Agreement with the Philippine Government.
He has been cited in Chambers, AsiaLaw Profiles, and Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers as a leading Philippine practitioner in dispute resolution, international arbitration, and life sciences.
Mr. Lopez was a director of the Makati Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines from 2001 to 2003 and 2005 to 2007. He is a trustee and the corporate secretary of Sibol Hesus School Foundation, Inc., a non-stock, non-profit organization engaged in educational activities.
His article titled "The Saturation Drive: A Mass Arrest of Constitutional Protection" was published in 1987 in the Philippine Law Journal, where he was the Chair of the Student Editorial Board. He was co-reporter of the Philippine sections of "Land Tenure", "Intellectual Property" and "Dispute Resolution" of CCH Doing Business in Asia.
Mr. Lopez is a professorial lecturer on Evidence at the University of the Philippines College of Law. He is an accredited lecturer on pleading-writing, oral argument, and depositions/discovery in the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education program of the Philippine Supreme Court.
Admission to the Bar
University of the Philippines (B.S.B.E., cum laude; LL.B.)
Add contact to Outlook
• SyCipLaw Earns Top Recognition at the 2023 Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific Awards
• SyCipLaw Shortlisted for 16 Awards at The Legal 500 Southeast Awards 2023
• SyCipLaw Retains Top-Tier Rankings in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 Guide
• SyCipLaw Recognized in 2023 Chambers Asia Pacific Guide, Retains Outstanding Rankings
• SyCipLaw Lawyers Recognized in Asia Business Law Journal 2022 A-List of Top 100 Philippine Lawyers
• SyCipLaw Authors Philippine Chapter of Latest Chambers Global Practice Guide on International Arbitration
• SyCipLaw Partners Named in The Legal 500’s Arbitration Powerlist: Southeast Asia 2022
• SyCipLaw Lawyers featured in the latest Who’s Who Legal Guides
• SyCipLaw Retains Top-Tier Rankings in Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific Guide 2022
• 2019 Chambers Asia-Pacific Rankings: SyCipLaw is Band 1 Firm
• 9 SyCipLaw Lawyers Recognized in ABLJ List of Top 100 Lawyers in the Philippines
• 9 SyCipLaw Lawyers Recognized in Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2018
• SyCipLaw Partners Listed as 2018 Commended External Counsel
• SyCipLaw Partner CRZ Lopez Recognized in Client Choice 2018
• Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 ranks SyCipLaw as Band 1 Firm
• Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 ranks SyCipLaw as Top Tier Firm
• 10 SyCipLaw Lawyers recognized in Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2017
• SyCipLaw is an Asialaw Profiles 2017 Outstanding Firm
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 rankings released
• Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2016
• ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2016 Shortlist
• SyCipLaw Ranked Band 1 by Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
• Asialaw Profiles 2016 Results
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 rankings released
• Employment & Immigration Update 2015 2-3Q
• SyCipLaw Davao Celebrates 20th Anniversary
• SyCipLaw joins In-House Congress Manila 2015
• SyCipLaw Ranked Band 1 by Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
• Getting the Deal Through: Life Sciences 2015
• Asialaw Profiles 2015 Rankings
• WLG Fall 2014 Conference in Manila
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 rankings released, October 31, 2014
• First Law International Conducts Training on FCPA
• Audio Recording of Oral Arguments, July 30, 2013, on Hontiveros-Baraquel v. DENR Secretary (G.R. Nos. 181702 and 181703)
• SC Microsite on the Hontiveros-Baraquel v. DENR Secretary (G.R. Nos. 181702 and 181703)
• SyCipLaw advises Coca-Cola FEMSA in its acquisition of controlling interest in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc.