Aaron Roi B. Riturban
Aaron Roi B. Riturban is a member of the firm’s Banking, Finance & Securities and Special Projects practice groups.
Mr. Riturban has advised foreign clients and their local partners on their investments in highly regulated industries such as mining, power generation, banking, and infrastructure development. He has negotiated, drafted and reviewed agreements covering conveyances, leases, loans, supply and customer contracts for multinational corporations as well as local clients. He has likewise negotiated and drafted transaction documents, correspondence, and legal memoranda, and advised consortium-bidders in connection with public biddings for the privatization of the sole electricity transmission company of the Philippines and for the operation of a hydroelectric power plant.
His significant projects include:
- acquisition of shares in Manila Electric Company, the sole electricity distribution company in Metro Manila;
- acquisition of controlling shares in the holding and operating companies of a major toll road in the Philippines;
- rehabilitation and development of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport;
- US$300 million bond issuance by SMC Global Power Holdings Corp.;
- acquisition of shares in the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines, the sole electricity transmission company in the Philippines;
- acquisition of shares in mining companies, including the sale of Anglo American Exploration (Philippines) BV, shares in Cordillera Exploration Co., Inc., and the purchase of shares in Crescent Mining and Development Corporation by Gold Fields Australia Pty Ltd;
- development of the Kingking Gold Project for St. Augustine Mining Ltd.; and
- project financing for wind-power companies operating in the Philippines.
Admission to the Bar
Ateneo de Manila University (A.B.; J.D., Second Honors)
New York University School of Law and National University of Singapore (Dual Degree in Law & The Global Economy)