Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
Alan C. Fontanosa
Alan C. Fontanosa is the partner in charge of the firm’s Cebu office. His areas of practice include industrial relations and labor litigation, civil and land cases, real estate transactions, corporate services, and special projects.
Among the cases he handled and decided by the Philippine Supreme Court are George Jones v. NLRC, Abbott Laboratories, G.R. No. 107729, December 6, 1995; Edge Apparel v. NLRC, et al., G.R. No. 121314, February 12, 1998; Cebu Engineering & Company, Inc. v. NLRC, et al., G.R. No. 118695, April 22, 1998; Sugbuanon Rural Bank v. Bienvenido Laguesma, Secretary of Labor and Employment, G.R. No. 116194, February 2, 2000; and Jose Salvador v. Philippine Mining Service Corporation, G.R. No. 148766, January 22, 2003.
He is a member of the Philippine Bar Association, and the People Management Association of the Philippines Cebu, Inc., where he was director from 1999 to 2005, vice president in 2001 and president in 2002 and 2003.
Admission to the Bar
University of San Carlos (A.B., magna cum laude; LL.B., cum laude)
• COVID-19 updates (SyCipLaw Bulletin # 6): Philippine President signs Bayanihan To Heal as One Act. Cebu City and Davao City placed under Community Quarantine.
• MEPZ HRA Seminar on DPA, ENDO, and Labor Advisory No. 6
• Enabling the Business of Agriculture 2017
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 rankings released
• Kapihan with SyCip in Cebu: Discussion on Labor and Immigration Law
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 rankings released
• Kapihan with SyCip in Cebu on October 9
• Employment & Immigration Update 2015 2-3Q
• Legal Bulletin: Technology, Media & Telecoms (Aug. 2015)
• SyCipLaw Cebu Joins 2015 Aboitiz Groupwide Simultaneous Treeplanting
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 rankings released
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 rankings released, October 31, 2014
• Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013 Results