Advertising, Media & Entertainment
Employment, Labor Relations & Immigration
Intellectual Property, Franchising & Distribution
Investments, Mergers & Acquisitions
Litigation and Arbitration
We provide our clients with expert advice and advocacy, establishing litigation strategies grounded on thorough preparation, sensitivity to the client’s business goals and awareness of the practical concerns that affect most litigation. Our advice is keyed to the successful disposition of disputes, including, and many times preferably, the bridging of conflict and avoidance of suits. In this connection, our business law group often involves our litigators in the due diligence or review of commercial transactions, to better assess and manage the risk of future controversy. Indeed, many of our trial lawyers have strong backgrounds in business law, making our firm a top choice for complex commercial litigation.
We have handled a broad range of cases, many of them precedent-setting, and for a variety of clients. We have acted for individuals, private corporates and governments.
Our firm has extensive experience in product liability cases; we act as counsel to a multinational company involved in the first mass tort case in the Philippines, as well as a major cigarette manufacturing concern in tobacco product liability claims. We successfully defended Newsweek in a libel case that still stands as a landmark decision in local jurisprudence. We are involved in the first local case of cybersquatting, testing the right of leading Philippine companies to challenge the use of their business names as domain names by others.
Our practice has always mirrored the country’s economic surges and shifts. We successfully defended the privatization of the largest Philippine oil company as well as a major shipyard. We acted for the Philippine Chamber of Mines in obtaining a reversal of the Supreme Court’s decision holding provisions of the Mining Act unconstitutional.
We have extensive experience in arbitration and mediation, particularly domestic and international arbitration involving industrial projects.
Contact Department:• Litigation
• Contact Info
• 2019 Chambers Asia-Pacific Rankings: SyCipLaw is Band 1 Firm
• Philippine Supreme Court, En Banc, Denies Petition for Writ of Kalikasan and Environmental Protection Order Against Mining Company
• 9 SyCipLaw Lawyers Recognized in ABLJ List of Top 100 Lawyers in the Philippines
• 9 SyCipLaw Lawyers Recognized in Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2018
• World Bank Group’s Women, Business and the Law 2018 Report
• SyCipLaw at the 1st Annual Center for the Amicable Resolution of Disputes International Conference
• Deadline Extended: Justice Florentino P. Feliciano Arbitration Writing Competition
• SyCipLaw Partner CRZ Lopez Recognized in Client Choice 2018
• Announcement of New Senior Associate
• Philippine Chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Litigation & Dispute Resolution 2018
• Justice Feliciano Centennial Lecture