Joan Mae S. To-Conejos
Joan is a partner in SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan, whose practice has heavily involved her in energy, investments, mergers and acquisitions, banking, finance and securities.
She has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts and transaction documents; advising on legal and regulatory issues on foreign equity ownership restrictions, banking and security regulations and corporate law; rendering transaction advice in connection with deals involving acquisitions, investments and divestments, capital restructuring, project financing and corporate reorganizations, and commercial lending, in the energy and power, oil and gas, mining, retail, pharmaceutical, banking, advertising and food and beverage industries; preparing various governmental filings and applications for registrations and approvals; conducting legal due diligence; and rendering corporate secretarial services.
Her specific experience have included handling various phases in setting up power plants in the Philippines for the country's largest power industry players; handling offers and listing by leading Philippine companies of shares and bonds; and strategizing and realizing the optimal corporate structure for foreign investments by world's leading players in various Philippine companies.
Other highlights include:
- Acquisition by a private equity fund of a leading Philippine health maintenance organization
- Acquisition by a leading Pan-Asian retail giant of a retailer with an extensive network outside of the Philippines's primary island of Luzon
- US$1,043,000,000 acquisition by a Swiss international food and beverage company of a leading Philippine infant formula manufacturer
- Offer by a Philippine beer manufacturer of up to 1,067,000,000 Series “2” Preferred Shares;
- The issuance by a Philippine bank of PhP10 billion worth of lower tier 2 capital
- US$350,000,000 syndicated loan to the Philippine's largest bank
Admission to the Bar
Ateneo de Manila University (B.S., Honorable Mention; J.D., Second Honors)