Giancarlo Kristoffer D. Gabriel
Alija Rowie Schailey M. Pandapatan
Roman George P. Castillo
Roman George P. Castillo is an associate of SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan (SyCipLaw) and is a member of its Special Projects, Taxation, Employment and Immigration, and Corporate Services Department. He is also a Certified Public Accountant. His practice deals with various fields of taxation, mergers and acquisitions, insurance, employment, corporate services, and other special projects.
Mr. Castillo has participated in various legal due diligence and been involved in projects involving the acquisition of interests in various industries, including renewable energy, transportation and shipping, and petroleum product storage facility.
As a member of the firm's Taxation group, he regularly advises clients on tax-related matters and represents clients in tax assessment and tax refund cases before the Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue and the Court of Tax Appeals. He has also worked on tax treaty relief applications and processing of tax clearances with the BIR.
As a member of the firm's Employment and Immigration Department, Mr. Castillo has provided advice and assistance to local and international clients on various employment-related issues, such as labor standards compliance, restructuring and reorganization, employment contracts, policies, and handbooks, data privacy, industrial relations, and administrative disciplinary proceedings.
Mr. Castillo also handles general corporate work and acts as corporate secretary and assistant corporate secretary for several corporations, advising clients on general regulatory requirements and assisting on various corporate transactions.
Admission to the Bar
- De La Salle University (J.D., Class Valedictorian)
- De La Salle Lipa (B.S. Accountancy, with Academic Distinction)
- Contributor, “Norton Rose Fulbright's 2022: Insurance regulation in Asia Pacific - Ten things to know about 20 countries,” Norton Rose Fulbright, 2022
- Contributor, “Tax Investment Manual Philippines,” BRP Tax, 2022
Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• SyCipLaw Contributes Philippine Chapter of Norton Rose Fulbright's 2023: Insurance Regulation in Asia Pacific
• SyCipLaw contributes to Norton Rose Fulbright's 2022: Insurance regulation in Asia Pacific – Ten things to know about 20 countries