Patrick Edward L. Balisong
Patrick Edward L. Balisong is an associate of SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. He is a member of the firm’s Corporate Services, Special Projects, and Banking, Finance & Securities practice groups. He joined the firm in 2021.
Mr. Balisong has worked on TMT and data privacy matters, project financing, and acquisition projects. He also handles general corporate work for domestic and foreign corporations.
Admission to the Bar
Ateneo de Manila University (A.B. Social Sciences, specialization in Cultural Heritage, Minor in History, cum laude and Program, Awardee; J.D., Second Honor)
- Co-author, Lexology Getting the Deal Through: Telecoms and Media 2022 (Philippine Chapter)
- Co-author, "Recent Game Changers in Philippine M&A," Chambers Global Practice Guides: Corporate M&A 2022 (Philippines: Trends & Developments)
- Co-author, "Justice on Trial: Consolidation of Powers, Judicial Independence, and Public Accountability in the Philippine Judiciary," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (August 2018)
- Co-author, "Finding Maria Clara — The Doctrine and the Filipina," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (November 2018)
- Co-author, "In or Out: Gaps in Philippine Immigration Law in Relation to Foreign Athletes and Sports Leagues Regulations as Migration and Human Rights Issues," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (February 2019)
- Co-author, "Without Delay: Reconciling the Divergent Concepts of Substantial Completion and Liquidated Damages in Construction Contracts," Ateneo Law Journal, Volume 63 (April 2019)
Editor, Ateneo Law Journal, Volumes 62-64