Mark Xavier D. Oyales
Mark Xavier D. Oyales is a commercial lawyer and a tax specialist. Mr. Oyales' significant transactional work covers mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, project and corporate finance, and public-private partnership (PPP) transactions.
Mr. Oyales has deep expertise in the retail and real estate sectors, being involved in various acquisitions and joint ventures in these areas. He complements his M&A and investments work with considerable financing experience, having advised both borrowers and lenders on bilateral facilities, loan syndications, aviation finance, and project financing. He also collaborates with the firm's litigation team in various arbitration proceedings and Supreme Court cases involving PPP contracts.
Mr. Oyales graduated from the University of the Philippines with a B.S. Biology degree (cum laude) and a Juris Doctor degree (cum laude and awardee of the Dean's Medal for Academic Excellence). He was admitted to the Philippine bar in 2014 (2nd place). He is a member of the firm's Special Projects group, Banking, Finance and Securities group and Tax Department. He also teaches corporate law at the University of the Philippines.
Admission to the Bar
2014, Philippines (2nd place)
University of the Philippines Visayas (B.S. Biology, cum laude)
University of the Philippines (Juris Doctor, cum laude and Dean's Medal for Academic Excellence Awardee)
- Co-Author, Philippine Chapter, The Tax Disputes and Litigation Review (5th Edition)
- Co-Author, Philippine Chapter, The Tax Disputes and Litigation Review (4th Edition)
- divestment of ANZ Funds Pty. Ltd. of its 40% interest in Metrobank Card Corporation (2018)
- Co-Author, Philippine Chapter, The Tax Disputes and Litigation Review (3rd Edition)
- Co-Author, Philippine Chapter, Getting the Deal Through - Life Sciences 2015