Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
John Paul V. De Leon
John Paul V. de Leon is a member of the firm's Special Projects and Banking Finance and Securities Groups. His practice areas include real estate development, infrastructure, mergers and acquisitions, finance and securities and investments (both foreign and local) in highly regulated areas such as information technology, food and drugs, health care, media, advertising, gaming and retail trade.
Mr. de Leon has significant experience in real estate. He has advised clients in various aspects of real estate development since 2008 and has helped both land owners and developers navigate through complex laws and regulations involving the development of condominiums, subdivisions, golf course estates and industrial parks, land use re-zoning and re-classification, national and local regulations on building and construction standards and ownership restrictions. In 2012, he advised a Philippine company in a proposed divestment of property classified as Important Cultural Property by the 2009 National Cultural Heritage Act. Mr. de Leon has also co-authored several published articles in real estate law.
He advises advertising, media, technology and business process outsourcing companies on IT laws (with particular focus on internet regulation and data privacy), consumer protection, censorship and content regulation. He has been involved in the acquisition of restaurant chains, pharmaceutical brands and technology companies.
Mr. de Leon also regularly advises banks and financial institutions in connection with loans, bonds and debt securities.
Admission to the Bar
University of the Philippines (B.S.; LL.B.)
• Latest APAC Regulations at Lexology Masterclass
• SyCipLaw Shortlisted for 16 Awards at The Legal 500 Southeast Awards 2023
• SyCipLaw Retains Top-Tier Rankings in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 Guide
• SyCipLaw Recognized in 2023 Chambers Asia Pacific Guide, Retains Outstanding Rankings
• Podcast: Philippines – Crypto Regulations
• Podcast: Philippines – Fintech’s impact on the Philippine economy
• SyCipLaw authors the Philippine chapter of Lexology’s Telecom and Media guide
• Regulatory Sandbox Framework for Insurance Technology (SyCipLaw Special Projects Department Client Briefing)
• COVID-19 Legal Briefing: Focus on TMT
• Highlights: Multilaw Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting 2018
• Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 ranks SyCipLaw as Top Tier Firm
• SyCipLaw and SBWDFI hold successful Kapihan on Labor and Immigration Law
• SyCipLaw participates in the 2017 Best Friends Competition Academy
• Kapihan sa SyCip: “The Upshot: Resetting Your Privacy Settings under the Data Privacy Act of 2012”
• SMC’s coal-fired plant financing and AP Renewables’ climate bond in ABLJ 2016 Deals of the Year
• SyCipLaw Participates in DPA Seminar
• SyCipLaw shortlisted in 2 Asia Legal Awards categories
• The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 rankings released
• SyCipLaw Shortlisted in 11 ALB Philippine Law Awards 2016 Categories
• SyCipLaw advises lenders in Limay, Bataan power project
• ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2016 Shortlist
• SyCipLaw Shortlisted in 11 ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2015 Categories
• Employment & Immigration Update 2014 4Q
• Getting the Deal Through: Life Sciences 2015
• Chambers Legal Practice Guide Corporate M&A 2015
• SyCipLaw counsels Philippine National Bank and Asia United Bank in connection with a Php3.5 billion loan facility obtained by Star Infrastructure Development Corporation
• Corporate M&A 2013 – Philippines – Philippines: Law & Practice – Chambers and Partners, June 21, 2013
• SyCipLaw advised KHI in the sale of its shares in KHI-ALI Manila, Inc. and KHI Manila Property, Inc.
• Announcement of New Senior Associate
• The 2013 Foreign Investors’ Guide to Real Estate Transactions in the Philippines