Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
Imelda A. Manguiat
Imelda A. Manguiat specializes in foreign investments, mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure projects and government contracts.
Ms. Manguiat has acted as legal counsel to the proponents in various power projects in the Philippines, among them, the 1200 MW Ilijan natural gas power plant and the 200 MW Cebu coal-fired power plant. She was also counsel to a number of bidders in the privatization of the assets of the National Power Corporation by the Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corporation.
Aside from the power sector, she was involved in other major infrastructure projects in the Philippines, such as the MRT 3 rail transit system that runs along EDSA from North Avenue in Quezon City to Pasay City and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3.
Ms. Manguiat has extensive experience in foreign investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions across various industry sectors, including telecommunications, real property development and the manufacturing sectors.
She is a director and/or corporate secretary in various companies in the Philippines. She has been practising law for 25 years, including two years with Anderson Mori &Tomotsune in Tokyo, where she was a foreign attorney. She is currently a member of the Executive Committee of SyCipLaw.
Admission to the Bar
University of the Philippines (B.S.B.E., cum laude; LL.B.)
• Increased Penalties and Additional Non-Financial Penalties for Non-Compliance with the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure (SEC MC 10-2022)
• Lexology Aviation Navigator: Philippines
• Getting the Deal Through: Aviation Finance & Leasing 2017
• SyCipLaw helps Upper Bicutan National High School get Ready for School
• SyCipLaw Davao Celebrates 20th Anniversary
• Philip Wood’s International legal risk for banks and corporates
• SyCipLaw advises Coca-Cola FEMSA in its acquisition of controlling interest in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc.
• SyCipLaw advised KHI in the sale of its shares in KHI-ALI Manila, Inc. and KHI Manila Property, Inc.