Maria Teresa D. Mercado-Ferrer
John Christian Joy A. Regalado
Anthony W. Dee
Mr. Dee has represented clients at all court levels and has extensive litigation and arbitration experience.
He has handled noteworthy eminent domain projects involving millions of dollars, including the expropriation of parcels of land for the construction of a coal power plant and acquisition of rights-of-way for thirty-seven (37) kilometers of transmission lines for the Quezon Power Project. He was also instrumental in providing strategic and legal advice, in coordination with the client’s technical team, on the expropriation of land needed to rehabilitate and expand the North Luzon Expressway. His team would later successfully defend the legality of the project from a challenge brought before the Supreme Court.
He also has considerable experience in corporate rehabilitation and rescues. Mr. Dee, for instance, has acted on behalf of a foreign client against a company that was undergoing simultaneous rehabilitation proceedings in both its domicile and the Philippines, where it held the bulk of its assets, at a time when Philippine law and procedure did not contemplate cross-border proceedings.
Mr. Dee is currently advising several foreign entities who have been improperly impleaded in a national inquiry concerning the impacts of climate change before the Philippine Commission on Human Rights, and is the lead partner in an ongoing litigation for the recovery by one of the country’s largest real estate firms from the Philippine government of several prime properties worth billions of pesos. He also leads the SyCip team defending the country’s biggest power distributor against claims of anti-competitive conduct before the Philippine energy regulatory agency.
Mr. Dee is the President of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines – Makati Chapter, where he previously served as vice president, director, public relations officer and secretary. He was an accredited lecturer on Pre-trial and Trial Skills in the Philippine Supreme Court’s Mandatory Continuing Legal Education program.
Admission to the Bar
Ateneo de Manila University (B.S.; J. D., Second Honors)
Co-author, “Complaints mechanism concerns,” International Briefings section, International Financial Law Review, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, April 2015.
Contributor, Doing Business 2015: Reporting on Enforcing Contracts and Resolving Insolvency, World Bank and International Finance Corporation, 2014.
Contributor, Doing Business 2014: Reporting on Enforcing Contracts and Resolving Insolvency, World Bank and International Finance Corporation, 2013.
Contributor, Getting the Deal Through: Restructuring and Insolvency 2014, Law Business Research, November 2013.
Contributor, Doing Business 2013: Reporting on Enforcing Contracts and Resolving Insolvency, World Bank and International Finance Corporation, 2012.
Contributor, Getting the Deal Through: Restructuring and Insolvency 2013, Law Business Research, November 2012.
Contributor, Getting the Deal Through: Restructuring and Insolvency 2012, Law Business Research, December 2011.
Contributor, Asian Restructuring and Insolvency Guide, White and Case
President, Integrated Bar of the Philippines – Makati Chapter (present)
Vice President, Integrated Bar of the Philippines – Makati Chapter (2015-2016)
Director, Integrated Bar of the Philippines – Makati Chapter (2007-2014)
• SyCipLaw Authors Philippine Chapter of the Global Legal Group’s International Comparative Legal Guide – Litigation & Dispute Resolution 2023
• SyCipLaw Recognized in 2023 WTR1000, Retains Gold Ranking
• SyCipLaw Retains Top-Tier Rankings in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 Guide
• SyCipLaw lawyers inducted as members of the IBP Makati Chapter
• SyCipLaw Authors Philippine Chapter of Latest Guide on Dispute Resolution Laws & Regulations by the Global Legal Group
• Highlights: Multilaw Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting 2018
• Philippine Chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Litigation & Dispute Resolution 2018
• World Bank Group: “Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs”
• SyCipLaw is National Law Firm of the Year at the 2017 Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards
• SyCipLaw’s Anthony W. Dee Elected IBP Makati President
• Doing Business 2017: Equal Opportunity for All
• Employment & Immigration Update 2015 1Q
• IFLR: “Philippines: Complaints mechanism concerns”
• SyCipLaw Lawyers Elected as IBP Officers
• Getting the Deal Through – Restructuring & Insolvency 2014
• Getting the Deal Through – Restructuring & Insolvency 2013
• Doing Business 2013: Smarter Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises