SyCipLaw receives 12 ALB Philippine Law Awards 2017 nominations
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan (SyCipLaw) has been shortlisted in twelve categories of the ALB Philippine Law Awards 2017. The firm is nominated for ten firm of the year categories, and two of its partners are nominated for lawyer of the year categories.
The Firm of the Year categories are:
- Arbitration Law Firm of the Year
- Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year
- Construction and Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
- Immigration Law Firm of the Year
- Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year
- Labor and Employment Law Firm of the Year
- Litigation Law Firm of the Year
- Philippine Deal Firm of the Year
- Tax and Trusts Law Firm of the Year
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firm of the Year
Marievic G. Ramos-Añonuevo, who heads the firm’s banking, finance & securities department, is nominated for Dealmaker of the Year. Emmanuel M. Lombos is nominated for Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year.
In addition, seven transactions in which the firm was involved are nominated in various deal of the year categories. These are:
- BPI's Syndicated Loan Facility for Debt Market Deal of the Year
- Chelsea Logistics Corp's Bridge Loan for Debt Market Deal of the Year
- ICTSI and Royal Capital's Tender Offer and Issuance of Securities for Debt Market Deal of the Year
- Del Monte Pacific's US Dollar-Denominated Shares for Equity Market Deal of the Year
- PLDT and Globe's Acquisition of SMC's Telco Assets for M&A Deal of the Year
- Angat Hydroelectric Power Plant Refinancing for Project Finance Deal of the Year
- SMC's Limay Coal-Fired Plant Financing for Project Finance Deal of the Year
The Philippine Law Firm of the Year and the Philippine Deal of the Year will be announced on the awards night.
The ALB Philippine Law Awards recognize the industry and excellence of the people behind the great deals, tremendous projects and matters, and cases that overturned landmark decisions. The complete shortlist of nominees can be viewed online.
The awarding ceremony will be on October 6, 2017 at the Makati Shangri-La.
Subscribe to our Mailing List
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to SyCipLaw RSS